Andrej Pejic and Marquis of Fashion
Possibly one of the most beautiful men to ever be photographed, he is a living Fra Angelico angle and would have made Johann Joachim Winckelmann weep like a little girl (get it???, it’s funny! Winckelmann, “the father” of of modern art history was impart responsible for the contemporary image of the androgynous male/beautiful youth… so he, a man, would be weeping like a girl… Bazzinga!).
To name a few of Andrej’s accomplishments he has walked in couture and ready-to-wear shows a-like, both as a man and as a woman. Sometimes both in the same show! From Paris to Toronto, Jean Paul Gaultier to Sid Neigum and Pink Tartan. Magazine covers! Oh the Magazine covers!
- Zeit Magazine February 2011 Cover
- Photo (France) March 2011 Cover
- Dossier S/S 11 Cover
- Carbon Copy Summer 2011 Cover
- L’Officiel Ukraine June 2011 Cover
- Citizen K International Summer 2011 Cover
- Follow #5 Cover
- NY Magazine Fall 2011 Four Covers
- Fiasco Magazine September 2011 four cove…
- El Pais S Moda October 8, 2011 Cover
- PF Magazine October 2011 Cover
- Fiasco Homme Fall 2011 Multiple Covers My Personal Favorite!
- Schon Magazine October 2011 Two Covers
- And don’t let me get started on the plethora of Editorials he has shot, there are just too many to list.
Long story short when I saw him in my friend Sid Neigum’s show I scoured backstage looking for Andrej (which was like looking for a golden needle in a haystack). When I finally found him all I could say was “Big Fan!… Picture?”
He looked at me like I was on glue and said “Sure.”
And there we have it. Next time I will invite him out for a drink or ask which after-party he is going to so I can get a slightly more coherent question across to him as there is so much I would like to know like:
- How has growing up in the spotlight seemingly genderless had an impact on your life?
- And Though divorced, how do your parents feel about this type of media attention and career choice? Are they both supportive?
- Finally since you are stealing everyone’s heart in the fashion world and beyond, who is holding yours?