In the wake of last week’s world altering earthquake and tsunami, the need for monetary relief is huge. In a time of need, the fashion industry can be counted on to pull together and make a difference. Here is a list of the labels that are donating and how you can make a difference through fashion.
- Lady Gaga: She designed a wristband that reads ‘We Pray for Japan’. The wristband is $5 and can be purchased on her website and any additional donations can also be made at the time of checkout. 100% of the purchase price goes to Japan relief. In the first 48 hours Lady Gaga tweeted that her little monsters had raised a quarter of a million dollars for Japan relief effortshttp://ladygaga.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=14781_42444&pc=BGAMLG88#
- Alexis Bittar: All proceeds from website sales from March 21-25 going to the Catholic Relief Fund.http://www.alexisbittar.com/home.php
- Natori and Josie: Josie Natori is donating 10% of all sales in month of April to Red Cross.
- Coach: Donating $5 million dollars to the Japanese Red Cross.
- Bergdorf Goodman: Created and easy way to donate by creating a link on their Facebook page. Through the Bergdorf Goodman Facebook page you can donate to American Red Cross, Doctors without Borders and Shelter Box.http://www.facebook.com/bergdorfgoodman?sk=app_17037175766
- H&M: Donating 100,000 garments to the Japanese Red Cross.
- Theory: Drop boxes are set up to allow people to donate garments to the Japanese Relief.
- Diane Von Furstenberg and the CFDA: Talks are in the works to set up an online auction with proceeds going towards Japan Relief. Large fashion packages from various designers will be available.
- Gilt City: Have committed to match donations that are made to Global Giving.
- Brooks Brothers: Made available a Customer Giving Campaign and 100% of the donations will go the American Red Cross.http://www.brooksbrothers.com/
- Hanae Mori Parfums: Will be donating proceeds from all their website sales to the American Red Cross.http://www.hanaemoriparfums.com/
- Jewelry for a Cause: $6.50 from each $30 purchase (over 20%) of a Blue Wave Talisman necklace will go to the Red Cross to help support relief efforts.
These are just some of the companies going out of there way to do their part. If you would like to donate to the Canadian Red Cross, please click on the link below. Every penny counts toward helping put this country back together. It is time to take care of each other.
Marquis of Fashion for Fashion News.