Jean Paul Gaultier’s first-ever fabric/lifestyle collection..neat!
This is the next level for mega fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier! The creation of ones own lifestyle line is akin to thousands of people inviting you into their home for the simple reason that they like to have you around. Not to mention it demonstrates the awesome forward momentum of the brand.
It may be somewhat lame that I get excited over fabrics but ever since taking “fashion design” in middle school (I say “fashion design” as the program obviously did not compare to real hardcore design courses taken on a professional level, it was middle school after all) I’ve always been keen on the production and use of textiles in fashion..which has been very useful as a fashion blogger 🙂 This of course has not only spurred my love of fashion construction but my secret love of decor. It’s secret because I’m tragic at creating an inspired space… point to a rack of clothes and I’ll create one F of an outfit, hand me paint swatches and I’ll grab a glass of wine and maul it over for 10 years.
That’s why I don’t normally write about lifestyle collections, but I love Jean Paul’s work and kind of want to redecorate (and by I, I don’t mean me, you know who you are). On the bright side, these accessories may make redecorating a little easier.
From Jean Paul:
” Je ne suis que couturier, mon métier c’est d’habiller et j’ai imprégné les tissus d’ameublement des codes de mes collections.”
“I am only a couturier, my metier is fashion, but I have instilled the spirit and motifs from my collections in these fabrics” – Jean Paul Gaultier
Recently debuted in Paris and New York, the Jean Paul Gaultier for Lelievre collection boasts eight beautiful designs and prints, all available in numerous colorways.
Check out the new Gaultier fabrics below:
- Spring – summer – autumn – winter
- A fine cotton voile, wide-width and printed to portray a romantic
- landscape with nature providing the colours.
- 100% cotton ◊ 4 colors
- An expressive translation of a jacquard in high definition.
- A detail from the SAISON landscape.
- 79% viscose / 21% polyamide in 3 colors
- The British Touch
- A classic tartan on cotton velvet suitable for upholstery.
- 100% cotton in 4 colors
- Next to the skin, a beautiful tattoo design in all its glory.
- 60% cotton / 40% lin in 2 colors
- The year of the Dragon
- A magnificent technical interpretation showing the hand drawing
- of JPG on a high definition damask.
- 78% cotton / 22% polyamide in 9 colors
- The reversible nautical stripe. Front/side.
- 100% cotton in 6 colors
- A touch of cabaret in a cheeky but subtle fishnet design.
- 100% cotton in 10 colors
- The Chinese touch, a new interpretation of the art of tattoo.
- 67% polyester / 33 % cotton in 6 colors
Photo’s care of Jean Paul Gaultier
for Lelievre collection