Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson have a baby girl and name is Maxwell… like the coffee.
I’m thrilled at the news that Jessica and Eric brought a little baby into the world and am overjoyed that the baby is healthy and in the baby’s grandmother’s words, “Peaceful” which is probably a blessing on its own. But the litte angel with eyes sparkling and baby wrinkles touching air for the first time already has an quirky detail… her name. While I write this post I keep flip-flopping and correcting myself from writing “him” and “he” when I know she’s a girl. It’s just that the name Maxwell makes me think of a boy. Is it just me?
But at 9lbs. 13 oz. and 21 3/4″ long the little girl is a very healthy size. So really the superfluous details really don’t matter here, I am just glad that momma and pops are as happy as can be and will love that little girl like I love me some Gucci. And as Rachel Zoe seems to think, Babies are the perfect accessory so don’t forget to get her a matching Hermes Birkin and pose for the paparazzi’s.
Here’s list of unisex names that never should have been unisex:
When it comes to baby names you really should put time and effort and research into deciding what to name your baby. And if it’s an androgynous name then good for you but make sure the name is appropriate for the sex of the baby. Here is my list of “unisex” names that shoud have never been used on both genders:
- Marley… Guys fine but that’s more of a dogs name than a girls name.
- Teagan – This will inevitably lead to name calling for boys and tea bag references… and I’m not talking from Starbucks.
- Parker – It just seems really strong for a woman.
- Pheonix… really… that’s a name?
- Logan – That’s a guys name through and through. Logan for a girl??? Her name may as well be Bruce.
- Harley – That’s another non-feminine name. Perhaps I’m thinking of the hog but if that girl is a little chunky oh Lordy-Loo it’s not gonna be pretty.
- Tyler as a girls name… riiiight. Tyler is a girls name like Ariel is a boys name.
Lastly please do not name your girl Mark. I am feminine enough I don’t need girls walking around with my name. Thanks.