It was an evening filled with glamour and crooked teeth, as Great Britain’s hottest fashion talent took to the navy carpet for the 2011 British Fashion Awards.
Shinning stars included: Georgia May Jagger, Laura Bailey, Poppy Devligne, Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss, Alexa Chung, Kelly Brook, Olivia Palmero, and the ravishing Daphne Guinness.
Other notable and prestigious award winners included:
Victoria Beckham: the spicy lady of football picked up the Designer Brand accolade for her signature dresses. In posh style (pun totally intended), she took the stage dressed in a floor-length backless black gown, Beckham covered her face as she told the crowd, [quote]I am so nervous,[/quote] before thanking her hotty husband David, saying:
Stella McCartney: Gotta say…not her best look. I wasn’t sure if her
pant suite, jumper, onesie, was a new hypoallergenic pyjama, or a crafty use of an old table cloth. I guess that’s neither here nor there, she took home the Red Carpet Award.
Lastly, Christopher Kane picked up a brand spanking new award, the New Establishment Award, for his impact on British fashion. Mary Katrantzou, and her inspiring aptitude for extraordinary prints, snagged the Emerging Talent in Women’s Wear award.
Here is the full list of winners, just encase you’re interested:
- Designer of the Year: Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen
- BFC Outstanding Achievement in Fashion: Paul Smith
- Red Carpet Award: Stella McCartney
- Designer Brand: Victoria Beckham
- British Style Award: Alexa Chung
- Model: Stella Tennant
- Accessory Designer: Charlotte Olympia
- Menswear Designer: Kim Jones
- Emerging Talent Award – Ready to Wear: Mary Katrantzou
- Emerging Talent Award – Accessories: Tabitha Simmons
- Emerging Talent Award – Menswear: Christopher Raeburn
- New Establishment Award: Christopher Kane
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator: Sam Gainsbury
It’s always nice to see patriotic pride in the arts.