Last night marked one of the biggest and most influential nights in fashion, the 2011 CFDA Awards. The night was not lacking in boundary pushing garments, the hottest couture, and the most fabulous vintage of the entire year.
As exciting as the fashion was, the winners and honorees naturally became the talk of the town. The CFDA Awards come with some of the highest honors in the industry. One truly has to make an impact that will last to be revered at these prestigious awards
The individuals who succeed and have kept us all glued to our fashion resources (yours better be Marquis of Fashion!) were revealed last night. Here is a complete list of these extraordinary people who have helped create the fashion and the trends we all live our lives in everyday.
- WOMENSWEAR DESIGNER OF THE YEAR: Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler
- MENSWEAR DESIGNER OF THE YEAR: Michael Bastian
- ACCESSORY DESIGNER OF THE YEAR: Alexander Wang
- SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR WOMENSWEAR: Prabal Gurung
- SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR MENSWEAR: Robert Geller
- SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR ACCESSORY DESIGN: Eddie Borgo
- GEOFFREY BEENE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: Marc Jacobs
- INTERNATIONAL AWARD: Phoebe Philo for Celine
- EUGENIA SHEPPARD MEDIA AWARD: Hilary Alexander of The Daily Telegraph
- FOUNDERS AWARD: Hal Rubenstein of InStyle
- FASHION ICON AWARD: Lady Gaga
- SPECIAL TRIBUTE AWARD: Arthur Elgort