The Nominees are listed for the British Fashion Awards 2011 and here they are!
- Nominees for the Emerging Talent Award in the accessories category are:
Jordan Askill, Nasir Mazhar and Tabitha Simmons.
- Nominees for the Emerging Talent Award in the Ready-to-Wear category are:
J.W. Anderson, Mary Katrantzou and Peter Pilotto.
- Nominees for the Emerging Talent Award in the Menswear category are:
Christopher Raeburn, J.W. Anderson and James Long.
- Nominees for Designer Brand are:
Burberry, Stella McCartney, Tom Ford and Victoria Beckham.
- Nominees in the Model category are:
Georgia Jagger, Kristen McMenamy, and Stella Tennant.
- Nominees for Accessory Designer are:
Charlotte Olympia, Emma Hill for Mulberry and Katie Hillier.
- Nominees for Menswear Designer are:
Kim Jones, Margaret Howell and Oliver Spencer.
- Nominees for the Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator are:
Guido Palau, Katie Grand and Sam Gainsbury
- Nominees for the Red Carpet Award are:
Antonio Berardi, Stella McCartney and Victoria Beckham.
- Nominees for Designer of the Year are:
Alexander McQueen, Christopher Kane, and Erdem.
Winning a British Fashion Award means an instant shoot to fame and a level of recognition that is globally recognized. All of the fashion greats from London have won for example last year Nicola Formichetti who designs for Mugler and styles Lady Gaga won the Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator. As well as Formichetti, Lara Stone walked home with the Model award, Lee Alexander McQueen received the award for Outstanding Achievement in Fashion Design, and Naomi Campbell took the Special Recognition award home for her 25 years of dedicated service to fashion. And all this was only a sliver of only one of the years in the history of the British Fashion Awards.
Other note worthy celebs and fashion icons who have walked away with awards are:
- Giles Deacon,
- Hilary Alexander,
- John Galliano,
- and Vivienne Westwood.
So who decides their fate? Who has just the right talent and who doesn’t cut it? The tough job is handed out to a couple groups of people so as to be fair. Sometimes the public gets to decide while other times the heavy burden is put on the shoulders of the British Fashion Council’s Press Committee which consists of over 30 of the worlds most prestigious fashion Editors, Buyers, and Directors in the business. Some of these individuals include Anna Wintour, Alexandra Shulman, Glenda Bailey, Suzy Menkes, Tim Blanks, and Sally Singer.