Is this a thing Now?
Mindlessly surfing on Facebook comparing my life to the life of others -we all do it- when I made the mistake of clicking on this random Buzzfeed thing for colored beards. 2 hours later and I’m left with the nagging question… Is this a thing? There’s enough evidence on Pinterest and Instagram to support a reasonable argument that bold beards are in and pretty badass (but only when done PERFECTLY – no exceptions). There is, however just as much corroboration to suggest you’d look like a nut, far from the natural cool and embodiment of maleness that is a beard – lest a vibrantly tinted beard.
Should you attempt such a daring feet of real life photoshopping, make sure you do it well, or risk looking like these dudes:
Colored Beard Fails:
Yikes! Sorry ’bout it.
There’s a lesson here:
- For god sake stick to one color -behold what happens to you when inspiration strikes… or alcohol gets involved.
- Don’t do this if you’re high, or drunk. Though it’s hard to imagine being sober and opting for it.
- There is a definite correlation between hair color and beard tint. Those who rock it the most have tied the two together.
- Your success may depend on your stylist (for god sake don’t try this at home… remember the guys above) ability to grade the color through, from the peak of your hair to the base of your beard.
- If you’re bald, that’s cool. Slap on a cap of the identical color. You’ll look boss and be comforted by the notion that you’ve accessorized.
Still unsure if this is a trend, the next evolution in beardom, or just a random convergence.