For those of you fashion lovers who haven’t been living under a rock (or some other obstacle) this week, you will probably be familiar with the latest fashion mystery, who is the Conde Nast employee behind the scandalous, absolutely hilarious twitter account, @CondeElevator.
The individual(s) behind the twitter account remain a question mark, and even how crucial it is to the executives at Conde Nast to find the anonymous tweeter remains somewhat of a question mark. Speculation has swirled as to what publication the infamous eavesdropper works for, and the list is long. Not only does Conde Nast publish fashion bible, Vogue, it is responsible for Teen Vogue, Vanity Fair, GQ, WWD, Details, Architectural Digest, and Lucky, to literally name a few.
Despite all the speculation, a spokesperson for Conde Nast told Page Six, the regarding the Twitter account dishing all the dirt at the publishing house, they are seemingly not that interested in who is doing the typing:
While we’re curious about who or what might be behind the feed, we’re certainly not overly concerned.
The @CondeElevator has been put on hold, I am guessing indefinitely, but for its week in business, it served as my sole resource of entertainment and so, here are some of my favorite tweets from inside the four walls of the elevator that has made headlines this week. Enjoy!
- Girl: Omigod I love your dress so much I wish there was a ‘like’ button I could press.
- Old dudeitor: You goin’ to that thing tonight? Young dudeitor: What thing? Old dudeitor: Ah, guess not.
- Girl #1: I love that necklace, I saw it at Banana last week and almost bought it too. Girl #2: [flips hair] This is Gucci.
- Fashion Girl Fl 12: Do these shoes make me look like I have cankles? Fashion Guy: No, they just have really fat straps.
- Girl: Omigod what happened to your knee?! Fashion boy: Oh god, I fell dancing! Girl: Omigod it’s like you came back from the war.
- Teen Vogue-er to Teen Vogue-er: “I don’t understand why she was so pissed. I’d want to know if something made me look fat.”
- [silence] [silence] [silence] [silence] [silence] [silence] [silence] [silence] Summer Intern: “Was that…?” Intern #2: “Yeah” #annawintour