Viktor & Rolf Celebrate 20 Years With A Couture Show
It’s been awhile since Viktor and Rolf have put together a couture show but it was worth the wait. Today the show was inspired from the shapes in a japanese garden and the meditation and relaxation that it inspires.
In fact the dresses (which were all black and made from a thick silk), were all ingeniously designed to be folded and molded to look like stones and grass. Of course when the models were wearing the pieces they were simply structural dresses with bulbous silhouettes. Doesn’t sound appealing? Well according to Style.com half the collection sold right after the show. So obviously someone loves it enough to spend couture prices on these artcentric pieces.
Personally I know it’s a conceptual collection and al… but I didn’t LOVE the collection. I do however LOVE the designers but my personal opinion… for whatever it’s worth, is really whatever about the whole ordeal.
- It was Viktor and Rolf and they’re genius deserves to be celebrated and invested in.
- The pieces were mind blowingly sewn and drafted to become rocks… always a cool party trick.
- The Duo zenned out before the show started. No actually! They went out on the stage, sat back to back and meditated for like five minutes in front of everyone.
- The zenning out portion of the show was 5 MINUTES which is like a year in fashion show time when you’re sitting side by side people who are hot and sweaty and it’s the end of fashion week etc. etc. etc.
- It was all black – After Gay Pride it is nice to see monochromatics again but seriously… all black??? Yawn.
- And finally the pieces were made to look like rocks when turned into rocks but a few of the looks seemed a little too “boulder-like” even before I knew they would transform into stone sculptures.
In any event I’m happy to see them back creating couture and being eccentric.
Photos from Style.com